Migration from DigitalOcean to Cost-Effective AWS Infrastructure
About The Client
1. Migrate the client’s infrastructure from DigitalOcean to a more cost-efficient cloud
2. Design a secure, highly resilient and cost-effective cloud infrastructure
3. Adopt Docker and Kubernetes for the client’s application
4. Build the CI/CD process
5. Improve audibility and observability for the applications and the infrastructure
6. Ensure protection from DDoS attacks
7. Use the infrastructure as a Code way to build the infrastructure
8. Provide DevOps support during migration
We used AWS Elastic Kubernetes clusters to ensure resilience and AWS EC2 Spot instances for cost-efficiency.
We used Docker and kanico for container adoption, relying on Kubernetes for high-density hosting.
For Ruby on Rails & React applications using GitLab CI to decrease time-to-market.
Implemented centralized logging with ElasticSearch, Filebeat and Kibana.
Implemented centralized applications and infrastructure monitoring with Prometheus and Grafana.
We migrated the DNS zone to Cloudflare for DDoS protection.
Using Terraform and the Infrastructure as a Code approach.